One of the things I’ve enjoyed about the kids getting a little older is having more time to read. I don’t just mean parent how-to books or parenting magazines, although they do have their place. Looking back on 2009, I was surprised by the amount of books I have been able to read.
Here are my top 7 books of 2009:
- “Don’t Waste Your Life” -by John Piper
- “Jayne Eyre” -by Charlotte Bronte
- “Feminine Appeal” -by Carolyn Mahaney
- “This Momentary Marriage” -by John Piper
- “The Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling” -by Debra Bell
- “Persuasion” -by Jane Austen
- “The Read-Aloud Handbook” -by Jim Trelease
One tip I received was to keep a few different types of books on your bedside table. So, I am going to try that this year- one fiction, one non-fiction, and one that I am proofing for Abby to read.
What books do you recommend I read in 2010?