It’s been over a month since I last posted. I needed to pause this blog to find this order that God has for my life, that I had disorganized. This time off has been a great respite of just living life, with some extra family time and time to get know God better. God reminded me of what He has called me to do and where this blog fit into my life.
I knew I would be back here a few weeks ago. In fact, I drafted most of this post at that time, but for some reason “obstacles” kept getting in the way of me publishing. My laptop became useless, other devices I would use would lock up while I was putting on finishing touches. I felt that was God saying, “Wait,” and I felt at peace with that.
There was something more He wanted to teach me.
God has been using my study in Genesis and from Bible Study Fellowship to show me some amazing truths. Who would have thought that this book that I’ve read through so many times would challenge and shape me. That’s one of the reasons the Bible is my favorite book. I hope to share more of what I’m learning in future blog posts, but most recently I learned about the Tower of Babel. I think God was wanting to remind me once again where my blogging stands in the scheme of things.
A few months ago, this blog was becoming my Tower of Babel. I was spending much of my time building it, pouring all my energy into this space. By God’s mercy, I got overwhelmed with trying to keep up with my own purposes and still trying to do what He has for me. I had to stop so I could see my sin and repent. During that time God reminded me of what I am here on this earth for. I am to glorify God, care for my husband, my children, and home first. I was not doing that before. I need to do those things that I know I am called to do, well, not perfect, but well.
I needed that time to stand back and think about whether, or why I should continue to blog. Did it have a place in my life right now?
Yes, but not taking up as much space and time as it was. I needed to refocus and reestablish why I am blogging and that was best done from afar with God’s Word in hand.
Heres what i hope this blog to be:
- My hobby. I enjoy this writing space it brings me joy. It allows me to put the words out that often seem trapped in my introverted mind.
- Encouragement to you.
- Edification of you and me. Iron sharpens iron.
- God glorifying. If God is not glorified through this space it’s a waste.
What I don’t want this blog to be:
- Blog-itically correct. I have spent a lot of time reading blogs about how to blog right. I have learned a lot, but now I’m done. I don’t want to focus my time on the blog-gistics.
- Giveaway central. I don’t mind doing occasional giveaways but I seemed to say yes, to some I wish I wouldn’t have.
- 5 posts a week. I have always aimed for 3 posts a week, but I am not even going to aim for that anymore. I will blog when I find time between wifing, mothering, and homeschooling.
- Top on my priority list. I must put my real life family and friends first.
So, yes I’m back and I’m bound to fail, but ever thankful for God’s grace and strength shining through this Average Housewife.
If you want to see more of what’s been going on in this Average Housewife’s life, you can now follow me on Instagram.