My daughter, Lydia, has journaling assignments for Language this year. Every few days she will have to write an entry in her journal. Sometimes she’ll have an assigned title and other times she can write what she wants. She often writes about something that happened recently in her life.
Yesterday, she had the choice of what to write, but unlike her, she was unable to think of something to write. As any good homeschool mom would, I have just the book for that occasion. I had picked up an old American Girl writing prompt book from the local thrift shop. We spent some time looking through the writing prompts and then I left her to pick. She told me several minutes later that she was going to write a list of 10.
Here is what she shared with me when she was done (written just as she wrote it).
10 Reasons to Love God
- He loves you more than you could love any one.
- God is the only true God, the King of Kings and LORD of LORDs.
- He the LORD God created you.
- He will allways (and I mean allways when I say allways) forgive you.
- God is never to busy to listen to you.
- He is all ways watching you.
- He cares for you.
- He sent his only son Jesus to die so we could go to heaven.
- We deserve death but he gave us life.
- God made the Univers in 6 days by words.
Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.