It’s been a while since I’ve posted any healthy living posts and I’m feeling it. When I was posting about it regularly I definitely felt more accountability to whoever was out there reading. I haven’t totally fallen off the wagon but I’m definitely not on the same track I was a year ago.
- I’m still exercising, but not as much.
- I have been allowing myself more soda, last year I was pretty much down to none.
- I have been having full fat coffees, instead of ordering the light (they just don’t taste as good!)
- Salad? maybe once or twice a month.
- Snacking? Regularly.
- Even my portion size seems to be growing.
- Water intake is very little these days.
The results are that I’m 10 pounds heavier since my last healthy living post.
Honestly, it’s not a huge deal to me, but I know I can do better.
I want to do better.
That’s why I’ve chosen this title Losing 15 by the 15th. I need a challenge and I need the accountability that blogging brings.
My goal is to lose 15 pounds by September 15th.
I usually don’t like to use the scale to decide how I’m doing, but let’s face it, it can be a good measure and I am in no way taking it too far.
I have 3 months, or 13 weeks, so that will be just a little over one pound per week. Totally doable.
3 Goals for My First Month
- Drink more water. I am probably averaging about 24 oz. per day right now. My goal is to drink 72 oz. per day.
- Exercise five days a week. I have been averaging about three days a week. It’s summer I can definitely get more movement in. I’ll be doing my C25K training three of those days and add walking, swimming, biking, or a dvd on the other two days.
- Watch my portion sizes. This will probably be the hardest for me. I have been getting used to the bigger portion sizes and it’s hard to say no to good food. Hopefully the extra water drinking and the accountability will be a good reminder.
I’ll be checking in every week and let you know how I’m doing on my goals.
This isn’t going to be easy. Even now I’m battling hitting the publish button. In a way I just want to continue taking the easy way. Not worrying about what I eat, not working out so hard, and especially not sharing it with anyone. But, I need to do this, this hard work and maybe you do too?
How have your healthy living goals been going? Is it time for you to make some new goals?
I’d love to have you join me!
Update: Since several of you want to join me in the challenge, I’m going to add a few more ways of accountability for us all.
- You can check in by commenting on the weekly 15 by 15 post.
- I’ll be doing a 15 by 15 Facebook post where you can check in daily, or whatever days work for you. Share your struggles, accomplishments, or questions for that day.
- Use or search the hashtag #15×15 on Instagram or Twitter.
You don’t have to have the same goal as me, just make your own and we’ll all work together!