It is finished! The last day of my challenge was yesterday, now I can let loose. Not really. I didn’t achieve my #15×15 goal, to lose 15 pounds by September 15. I could have tried harder. I could have quit coffee, eaten more salad, and skipped the french silk pie, but I didn’t. Honestly, I’m okay with that. I know I worked harder than I would have without a challenge. It helped keep me going.
I didn’t meet my goal, but let’s see what I did manage to do.
- My size 10 pants are loose, rather than tight. I can get into my size 8’s with a lot less squeezing.
- My belt has needed to be tightened.
- I can tell I have toned my body, though there’s still a lot of work to do, my muscles are growing.
- I’ve gained the routine of eating a little better, and actually miss it when I’m not having healthy meals.
- I’ve gained the routine of exercise.
- I finished the c25k training.
- I’ve seen the benefits of drinking water, (but still haven’t mastered drinking enough every day).
- I haven’t done it all perfectly, but I didn’t quit.
- I lost 10 pounds. That wouldn’t have happened without this challenge.
I don’t see any major visual changes through this summer challenge, as I look at before and after pictures, but look at what’s happened in the past 2 years.
I am so thankful to God for the strength and endurance He has given me. I am a weakling and would’ve given up long ago without His strength.
I plan to keep going. I’m joining Claire from Peak313 Fitness and her Living Active Challenge. I’m excited about this because it will keep me going on the right path and it’s short, only 5 weeks.
My main goals will change a little bit but will still try to keep my previous goals going too.
Physical: 25 minutes of exercise a day, at least 4 days a week
Spiritual: Memorizing Scripture and weekly Key Challenge
Accountability: I will be blogging my way through like I have been, check in with my Hello Mornings group, and you know you’ll see some proof on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
What are your next steps to living healthier? Want to join me?
2 thoughts on “The Last #15×15 Check-in”
Way to go, Paula! You inspire me!