Giving a burdened family gift cards for food can be something simple, for an already busy person or someone who lives far away, but can also be very helpful to the family in need. Sometimes they don’t have time to go home for a meal, they might be traveling, or just want to get out to have a meal from a favorite restaurant.
Food Gift Card Ideas
- Favorite Restaurants. There are so many restaurants to choose from. Just ask the family what their favorites are so you can bless them well.
- Delivery Places. Whether Pizza or Asian cuisine, having access to a place where they can pick up for take-out or have delivered can be a great option during a burdened season of life.
- Restaurants near home. If you live in a different area, find out what restaurants are in their area. You don’t want to give them a gift card that will require a lot of driving or that might not even be local.
- Restaurants near hospital. When we had hospital stays, it was so nice to have gift cards to places located nearby. We had several within walking distance or that would deliver.
- Grocery Store. There is always the basic food needed, so giving a grocery store gift card is another helpful choice.
- Special treat gift cards. Several of our friends gave us gift cards to ice cream places or coffee shops and that was nice to be able to go out for a yummy treat. Often when people are burdened, finances can be a burden, so having special treats at no cost are a big blessing.
If you don’t have time to bring a meal, live too far away, or just don’t know a burdened family that well, giving a gift card to local restaurants will be a huge blessing.